Friday, August 1, 2008

THIS IS THE END! #23

The title is not true, as this is really not the end, but a continuation of lifelong learning. Since June I have been embarked on a journey into another world. I actually thought that I was a little computer savy. Ha! The learning curve has been truly amazing.

A few of my favorite things, Flickr, Rollyo, Big Lab, Teacher Tube, U Tube, are all things I can and will use in my classroom. I found the ability to make google more than a search engine, (which I love). Reader RSS also enters the list.

As a life long learner this was a great experience. It brought me into the computer world in entirely new ways, and helped me stay abreast of the changes in the world. The neatest part was in learning something new. The path was not always smooth, very much like physics and the roller coaster, kinetic and potential energy. This is kinetic and potential learning.

The program was well done and laid out. A few improvements: 1) Either make it shorter or give more credit, I spent way more than 18hrs. on this. Of course, meandering off task did some of it. Perhaps for some people it went faster as they started with more knowledge. 2) Some areas needed more instructions, for example: transferring teacher tube or my photostory was very difficult. It took many, many hours, and perserverence.

If another course were offered in the future you can count me in. It was an wonderful way to learn. Too often district in-services are at a awkward time, less than wonderful instructors, and an audience at all stages of learning, so we have people bored, restless, crabby etc. This course allows one to go at their own pace and figure it out. GREAT!!!!!
THIS IS NOT THE END - MERELY THE BEGINNING!

1 comment:

VWB said...

Looks like you have a gret list of tools that you will be using...hope you will keep us informed how it goes thru your blog.
Congratulations on reaching your goal!